Thursday, January 11, 2007

Reading about MBA schools

If you have the ability to obtain it (I think it is out of print now...) you definitely need to read, "How To Get Into the Top MBA Programs" by Richard Montauk.
This book has so many good insights into how to approach MBA applications that I feel like the 20 or so bucks I paid for it was the steal of the century! Really, I can't recommend it enough.

Now I'm in the process of narrowing my choice of schools. I have to say that the European schools are rising to the top with one clear leader, INSEAD. It's shorter schedule and great employer visibility give it an edge when it comes to schools outside the US. IMD is also a great school, but I have to admit I'm kind of scared by the fact that each year they admit just 90 students! Can you imagine that?!?! On their website they give a profile of each student, and I've got to say they were pretty impressive.

As mentioned in previous posts, I rescheduled my GMAT to Feb 28th. Now it feels like it's just around the corner, especially knowing what my work schedule is going to be like between now and then. With that in mind, I'm going to hit the books tonight! Wish me luck!:)

1 Comments:

At 12 November, 2008 06:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home